It will only happen when you make it happen!
Updated February 2018
The Moon Society is staffed entirely by volunteers. The willingness of members to contribute their time and effort to supporting and growing the Moon Society is critical to the success of the organization. We are always looking for additional volunteers to help out in critical areas of the Moon Society. If you have a few minutes a week that you can devote to Moon Society activities, and are willing to commit to completing tasks that you take on, we can use your help! Some of our current crew of dedicated volunteers need relief and or assistance. Additional volunteers will help divide and conquer the work load.
Volunteers are needed to take both lead and supporting roles in the following areas:
- Chapters Coordinator
- Chapter Contacts in several areas
- Publications Director
- Communications Director (also to handle Social Media)
- Technical Writers/Editors
- Project Managers
- Fundraising Director
- Grant Proposal Writers
- Conference/Event Organizers
- Public Outreach Experts
Note to Retired Persons and Others with Surplus Free Time
The only reason that the Society is able to accomplish as much as it does with volunteers, is through the services of retired members who have found time-consuming tasks for the benefit of the Society, a productive and rewarding way to spend some of their extra hours. If you are retired or otherwise not employed but with an income, please consider what you might do to fill hours while performing badly needed services to the Society.
How to Volunteer
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with a description of what area you would like to volunteer in. You will be contacted as soon as possible with instructions on how to get involved.
Guidelines for Volunteers
- Take on only what tasks you reasonably expect to be able to accomplish in a reasonable period of time. If coordinating one whole area of activity is more than you can handle, inquire about how the workload could be divided and look for a supporting role with which you are comfortable. Altenately, as a coordinator you could identify and define all the tasks that you would like to delegate to volunteers working with you.
- Try to respond promptly to communications regarding tasks that you are working on.
- If you are unable to complete a task, try to find someone else to take over the task, or contact someone in the Moon Society staff about finding a replacement.
- Provide regular status reports to your team leader or Moon Society staff about tasks that you are working on.