The primary focus of The Moon Society is the permanent settlement of Luna (aka The Moon). These are organizations, companies, and individuals working on making that happen. And you can help.
- Lunar Homestead (www.lunarhomestead.com) – Researching the tech necessary for permanent Lunar settlement.
Other Lunar organizations (aka future partners)
- The American Lunar Society – Interested in learning more about Luna? Check them out!
- Moon Village Association (moonvillageassociation.org/) – An international effort to figure out how to construct a Lunar settlement.
- Moonwards (www.moonwards.com) – They’re building a virtual Lunar settlement you can explore!
- Lunar Exploration Analysis Group (www.lpi.usra.edu/leag) – LEAG assists NASA in it’s Lunar exploration objectives.
- Apollo 11 in Real Time (apolloinrealtime.org/11/) – Watch the Apollo 11 landing in real time using historical footage. Pretty cool!
- Arch Mission Foundation (www.archmission.org/) – Their mission is to protect human knowledge by placing it all over the solar system. Some of it is already on Luna (it was on the SpaceIL Beresheet Moon lander which crashed and may be intact).
- Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers (alpo-astronomy.org/) – The have a Lunar section.
- Canadian Lunar Research Network (clrn.uwo.ca/)
- Center for Lunar and Asteroid Surface Science (sciences.ucf.edu/class/)
- Daily Moon Position (www.dailymoonposition.com/default.aspx) – Just what it says.
- Earth Seed (earthseed.space/) – Kind of similar to Lunar Homestead. Small scale research.
- For All Moonkind (www.forallmoonkind.org/) – They’re working to preserve the 6 Apollo sites.
- ISRU Info (isruinfo.com) – Facilitates discussions on Lunar ISRU (Mars and asteroids as well).
- LiftPort Group – Lunar Space Elevator infrastructure development, advanced robotics/materials, and media support.
- Lunar and Planetary Institute – Lunar Science and Exploration (www.lpi.usra.edu)
- Lunar and Planetary Laboratory – University of Arizona (www.lpl.arizona.edu/)
- Lunar Colony Fund (lunarcolonyfund.org) – Interesting idea. I don’t know how far they’ve gotten.
- Lunar Explorers Society (www.lunarexplorers.net/home) – I’m not sure how active they are.
- Lunar Research Institute (lunar-research-institute.org/about.asp)
- Lunares – (lunares.space/) – A Lunar analog base that can be rented out.
- Moon Base Clavius (www.clavius.org) – A website devoted to debunking the Lunar landings conspiracy crap.
- Moon Watch (astro.ukho.gov.uk/moonwatch/index.html) – Lunar observing.
- Planetary Science Institute (www.psi.edu/)
- Selenian Boondocks (selenianboondocks.com/) – Lunar blog.
- Solar System Exploration Research Virtual Institute (lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov/)
- Spudis Lunar Resources (www.spudislunarresources.com/)
- The Luna Project (www.lunarcc.org) – I’m not sure how active they are but there is a little life on Facebook.
- Universities Space Research Association (www.usra.edu)
- Astrobotic (www.astrobotic.com) – Sells space on their Lunar landers.
- Draper (www.draper.com/) – They are involved in NASA’s return to Luna.
- Intuitive Machines (www.intuitivemachines.com/) – They’ve been picked by NASA to start landing equipment on Luna.
- ISpace (ispace-inc.com/aboutus)
- Lunar Resources (lunarresources.space)
- Masten (www.masten.aero/) – Building Lunar landers.
- Moon Express (www.moonexpress.com)
- Off Planet Research (www.offplanetresearch.com) – They’re making and selling Lunar regolith simulants.
- Orbit Beyond (www.orbitbeyond.com) – A Lunar transportation company working on landers.
- PTScientists (ptscientists.com) – Working on a Lunar ISRU mission!
- Shackleton Energy (www.shackletonenergy.com) – They’re working on using Lunar water to make rocket fuel. An idea I’ve very much against. Lunar water should be used for settlements exclusively. There just isn’t enough of it to waste.
- Space Angels (www.spaceangels.com) – Invest in space companies.
- SpaceIL (www.spaceil.com) – The first private Lunar lander! Unfortunately it crashed. Their next mission may be to a different location.
- Space Mining Technologies (space-mining.tech/) – Looks like a new company focusing on mining ice from the Lunar surface.
- Moon Village Association (moonvillageassociation.org/) – An international effort to figure out how to construct a Lunar settlement. I’ve joined but haven’t figured out how to get LH involved
- Lunar Exploration Analysis Group (www.lpi.usra.edu/leag) – LEAG assists NASA in it’s Lunar exploration objectives. I joined because it’s free but I don’t know how involved LH will be with them.
- 4th Planet Logistics (www.4thplanetlogistics.com/) – Working on using lava tubes on Luna and Mars to house habitats.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (www.nasa.gov/)
- NASA Lunar Science Institute (https://sservi.nasa.gov/articles/nasa-lunar-science-institute/) – Conferences!
- NASA Moon (www.nasa.gov/moon)
- NASA Apollo (www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/index.html)
- Lunar Science for Landed Missions (https://lunar-landing.arc.nasa.gov/)
- NASA ISRU (isru.nasa.gov/)
- Dynamic Response of the Environments at Asteroids, the Moon, and the moons of Mars (ssed.gsfc.nasa.gov/dream/)
- NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) Program (www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/niac/index.html)
- NASA Robotic Mining Competition (www.nasa.gov/offices/education/centers/kennedy/technology/nasarmc.html)
- NASA Space Radiation Laboratory (www.bnl.gov/nsrl/) – Conducts research in space radiation threats.
European Space Agency (www.esa.int/ESA)
- Lunar Exploration (https://lunarexploration.esa.int/#/intro) – Lots of great information!
China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (english.spacechina.com/n16421/index.html) – Responsible for executing state policy. State-owned and main contractor for Chinese space operations.
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (global.jaxa.jp/)
Indian Space Research Organization (www.isro.gov.in/)
- The American Lunar Society (www.amlunsoc.org) –
- Moon Base Clavius (www.clavius.org) – A site dedicated to debunking the Moon landing conspiracies.
- Free Luna (freeluna.blogspot.com/) – An old blog on Lunar colonization.
- Lunar Domes Atlas GLR group – (lunardomeatlas.blogspot.com/) – An inactive blog with some great pictures.
- Lunar Mission One (lunarmissionone.com/) – Archived January 2019. It’s unclear what they are doing now.
- The Luna Project (www.lunarcc.org/)
- Lunar Reclamation Society (lunar-reclamation.moonsociety.org)
- The Lunar Resource Company (bad link)
- Lunar X-Prize (lunar.xprize.org/) – Great idea but the contest ended before any contestant could win. Now it’s looking for an new sponsor.
- The Moon Blog (themoonblog.com/) – Seems inactive but worth a look.
- Moon Zoo (www.moonzoo.org/) – Moon Zoo was a project to study the lunar surface in unprecedented detail, by asking volunteers to identify craters and boulders in millions of images from NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO).
- Open Luna (openluna.org/) – I guess they were going to create their own Lunar settlement.
- Space Future (www.spacefuture.com/) – Another dead site.
- Trans Lunar Research (www.translunar.org) –
- WayPaver Foundation (waypaverfoundation.org)