Organized by The Moon Society with assistance from other space advocacy groups.
The Moon Society, a non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to returning humans to exploration of the Earth’s Moon and creating sustainable commercial settlements, announces the 2020 Lunar Development Conference: a new online virtual event to be held on Sunday, July 19th and Monday, July 20th.
Registration is now open for the general public. Tickets to the event are $10, which can be applied to a membership in the Moon Society. Current members as well as full-time students and seniors (60+) are able to register for free.
The Lunar Development Conference will bring together astronauts, lunar scientists, business leaders, moon base designers, and space enthusiasts to discuss all aspects of lunar exploration and settlement.
Speakers at the virtual conference are planned to include:
- Michael Mealling – President, The Moon Society & General Partner, Starbridge Venture Capital
- Sean Mahoney – CEO, Masten Space Systems to discuss their involvement with NASA’s CLPS program.
- Dr. Doug Plata – President & Founder, Space Development Network
- Ben Smith – Founder, Lunar Homestead
- James L. Burk – Vice President, The Moon Society & Senior Manager, Artic Consulting
- Rick Tumlinson,co-founder of Space Frontier Foundation, New Worlds Institute, and SpaceFund
- Emily Law, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory – NASA’s Moon Trek
- Philip Crume, Chairman, The Moon Society – Lunar Settlement: The Idea Whose Time Has Come
- Sara Jennings, University of Colorado Boulder – The Next Generation of Lunar Rovers
- Vincent Roux, Off Planet Research – Icy Moon: Origins, Nature, Challenge, and Promise
- Melissa Roth, Off Planet Research – Lunar Regolith: Optimizing a Challenge
- Elizabeth Kennick, Teachers in Space – Standardized Classroom Cubekits
- Michelle Hanlon, For All Moonkind – Heritage and the Artemis Accords
- Jim Plaxco, Chicago Society for Space Studies – The Sustainability of a Lunar Economy
- Joel. C. Sercel, TransAstra Corporation – Lunar Polar Propellant Mining Outpost (LPMO)
- Chris Richardson, WorldVistA – Bootstrapping Lunar Engineering
- Pete Bonasso, TRACLabs – CASE: A HAL 9000 for a Lunar Outpost
- Other prominent Lunar scientists and researchers
The latter day coincides with the 51st anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.
All presentations will be given online and attendees will be able to fully participate in Q&A, networking activities, and adhoc meeting spaces using a new virtual software platform and mobile application.
The hashtag #LunarDevCon will be the official social media hashtag for the event, and will be used extensively during our promotion and during the event.
Those interested in presenting at the Lunar Development Conference can submit an abstract using the form at www.MoonSociety.org/LDC
Sponsorships for the event are available to qualifying companies and organizations. Sponsors are provided co-promotions during and after the event and additional access to connect with attendees. Please inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank the community for its support as we seek to ignite commercial lunar development and promote the vision of human lunar exploration and settlement. We’ll see you in July!